Monday, February 29, 2016

My new children's book is coming!

In the works for the past five years, I've written a sweet story of love, compassion and above all, hope. I was inspired by true events in my life and felt compelled to share my story in the form of a beautiful children's book. My heroine "Lauren", named after my only niece, is a young lady who develops a special bond with a seemingly hopeless black lab. Beautifully illustrated in watercolor by North Texas college student and professional artist/illustrator, Duoc Le, the story comes to life in heart-melting images and striking colors. In a fast-paced, busy, sometimes, heartless world, it's good to remind our little ones to stop and help those in need when possible. "Finding Hope" is just that. It's teaching compassion and how even a small child can make a difference in someone or something's life. I'm excited to roll out the finished book by April 2016! #FindingHopeBook 


6 comments:

  1. Dee-Dee, You are touching on an issue that begs to be addressed and this amazing book does just that! I know you'll have success with a story that will warm the hearts of young and old alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am humbled that you chose to name one of the main characters of your book after my sweet daughter and your niece. I am looking forward to adding this title to my bookshelf. The story is heartwarming and is written by someone with a heart as big as Texas! It will be a delightful read for children and animal lovers everywhere! The illustrations are bright and cheery and work perfectly with the genre. Good job, Dee-Dee! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both SO much! I am so happy this little book is finally going to be ready to hit the shelves :) xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So proud of you cannot wait to order my signed copy..xxxx

    ReplyDelete