Monday, August 28, 2017

New Video Series!

Signing with Diana (& Charlie!) 


Welcome to my blog/vlog! Nice to have you here. I want to provide some basic sign language for the general public, parents, teachers, anyone who could use the words to communicate with a fellow student in public school who happens to speak sign language and has trouble articulating words verbally. I hope my video series helps you speak to my son, Charlie! He will be a friend for life and will appreciate your efforts, I guarantee it! Warning: he might hug and kiss you for being so thoughtful and reaching out to him! I appreciate your interest and willingness to get to know my youngest in "his" own language. I've been to foreign countries, like France and Germany, surrounded by others speaking another language. It was hard and isolating until I picked up their language. The joy and freedom it brought to me to speak to people in their own language is wonderful. I feel that children will beam with pride in having learned some sign language to speak to a friend in class. Learning something new is always terrific, but watching an otherwise lonely person liven up after finally being understood, would be priceless! 

Thanks again! Happy signing :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment